Instructions for Good Oral Hygiene
The oral hygiene is vital for your teeth and gums, and poor oral health can affect your overall health and is a risk factor for illnesses such as heart disease and diabetes. Here are some oral hygiene instructions to try:
- Brush at least twice a day for two minutes each time
- Clean between your teeth every day using floss, interdental brushes, floss picks, or water flossers. Make sure that you do not skip any teeth.
- Use toothpaste or mouthwash that contains fluoride
- Go to your dentist for preventive care twice a year
- Follow your dentist’s treatment plan and dental hygienist’s oral hygiene recommendations
Healthy teeth and gums can make you look and feel better, help you eat and talk comfortably, and can save you money in healthcare costs later.